Friday, October 9, 2009

Gemelli Lisbon Restaurant Praise Indeed

A snippet from the 1st Lisbon Restaurant Week review. Read the full article to get the cyber flavor of the place, the food, the wine, the Chef.
clipped from catavino.net

Restaurant Gemelli: A Fusion of Italian and Portuguese Cooking in Lisbon

Gemelli Food
Gemelli Food Lisbon
Extra virgin olive oil was drizzled into a little white saucer, adding that perfect dash of flavor to both our warm bread and sharp Parmiggano – clearly, a heavenly way to start lunch!
Gemellio
Gemelli goes further to offer a “Bacchus” wine menu, which they selected upon our request to pair a glass to go with each of our courses;
The restaurant itself, is a warm and welcoming sensation to the eye. A winding staircase leads to a bright and elegant dining room that gently wound around the street corner like a giant bay window
Chef Gemelli is warm and personable, not to mention quite candid about his cooking when I took the opportunity to ask him a few brief questions. “To be honest,” he said, “My cuisine is neither Italian nor Portuguese. My cuisine is my own style, a mix of techniques and flavors that I have gathered from my travels and experience, using the freshest local ingredients in season around me.”

blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails