Thursday, July 21, 2011

Portuguese word that's gone mainstream!


HOW ABOUT THAT a little Portuguese word that's gone mainstream!
I'm getting Goose bumps! Isn't it lovely when your hunch is right! Thinking about these wonderful Portuguese wine varieties or "castas" like "alvarinho" used in Vinho Verde.  My new favorite is "viognier" that has been smitten with the Alenquer terroir and is usually aged in both stainless steel and French oak for six months. 


I suddenly had an ah ha moment AND I was right - "The word caste is NOT a word that is indigenous to India. It originates From the Portuguese word casta which means race,breed, race or lineage." 

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting, thank you! I like your short video of the wine tasting event for the people you take on your Lisbon designer tours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to have a look here is the link to the video http://youtu.be/0wub5rcwXvs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The explorers have exported a few Portugese words, nice!

    I've added a link back to your site from my blogroll/linkroll at my little budget blog at http://www.dirtcheaplisbon.com

    I've also written a short bit about the site at my link guide:

    Your Lisbon Guide - a guide-blog to Lisbon that is packed to the brim with news and tips to help you make the most of your stay in the city.

    (http://dirtcheaplisbon.com/links/)

    If it's possible, I would be honoured if you could link back to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails